The Network Manager (GNOC) should be able to support an ITIL based infrastructure that includes change management, incident resolution and problem management. The Network Manager will be expected to drive the team to resolve at least 80% of all issues without the need for any escalation. Ideal candidate must possess leadership qualities combined with technical expertise, and client advocacy to be able to drive and direct a best-in-class ITIL focused team of professionals. The Network Manager (VOCC) is required to drive Service level expectation against the performance of the team to ensure external and internal clients experience a positive response to inquiries, issues and events.
The preferred candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a team of professionals to provide first level support for Visa's Global Network systems
- Provide management and leadership to members of the Visa Operation Command Center including staffing selection, goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning, career development, coaching and administrative support
- Assist Director of Global Network Operations in developing and managing short to longer term tactical and strategic support initiatives to meet the operational and continuity needs of Visa and its customers
- Improve work processes, procedures and systems while reducing Visa's exposure to financial loss
- Build relationships with all supported customers and service providers (internal and external) and act as a liaison to identify opportunities and challenges and implement solutions
- Represent the support team on cross-functional projects and ensure the timely completion of agreed deliverables
- Measure the overall first level support effectiveness and ensure quality of work is maintained through the use of metrics across Visa's services
- Manage the change activity across all production and development networks environment and ensuring risk is managed, system and service disruptions are kept to a minimum and service levels maintained
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills in day-to-day work; take ownership of critical issues where appropriate, drive incidents to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem
- Manage team workload; ensure all incidents, problems and requests are prioritized, assigned, resolved or acted on in a timely manner; ensure all incidents and problems have root cause identified where possible
- Review and identify common problem areas that require focus and assign tasks accordingly
- Working with the appropriate groups to, administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes; mentor team members on these policies and procedures
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new network tools where necessary
- Represent the Visa Operation Command Center team in meetings such as process improvement and initiatives meetings
- Adhere to the current escalation and critical situation management process within the Global Operations Visa Operation Command Center
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing internal and external training
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone
- Determine when escalation is appropriate
- Develop an in-depth understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Attend and participate in Change and Problem Advisory Board meetings
- Experience managing a large team in a very diverse and de-centralized environment
- Proven record of establishing and implementing objectives and tactical plans from overall direction and strategy to execution
- Ability to interpret and represent technical issues into business concepts and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally
- Operate without supervision, ability to triage multiple simultaneous issues and manage all issues to an effective resolution
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player and Leads by example
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 1st level Network management and technical support role
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) v3
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is preferred. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) would be an advantage
- Candidate with a broad knowledge and background on TCP/IP, MPLS, WAN routing and LAN switching technologies is preferred
- Candidate that possess working experience supporting Load Balancers (F5), Cisco ASR Routers and Nexus switches, Arista Switches, Networking Tools and Systems (eg. Netbrain, Solarwinds, Opnet ACELive, Wireshark, ThousandEyes, Splunk, Netscout & Cisco Prime) would be desired
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.