Associate Manager, Sales Strategy - Neutrogena - Los Angeles
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted: December 06, 2016
Reference ID: 2184161201-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Manager, Neutrogena Sales Strategy located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Associate Manager, Neutrogena Sales Strategy is responsible for enabling the achievement of forecast and the OGSM for assigned product groups by instituting strategic business plans that integrate, align, and achieve customer and J&J business goals. The incumbent manages the planning process and plays a critical role in influencing go-to-market strategies, lead the new-item launch process for assigned brand(s), and coordinates the customer specific marketing efforts. The incumbent serves as a liaison between Sales and Marketing by providing “voice of customer” to Marketing and by providing knowledge of marketing and brand strategies to the field. The incumbent is a source of in-depth analytics and insights for the team and customers. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicate key strategies, insights, and initiatives between field and internal teams; Gain alignment across a matrix environment to support goal achievement; Develop and present customer, category, and brand reviews to drive brand and category performance.
• Analyze trends and develop insights for Sales and Strategy. Organize, analyze, and draw conclusions and insights from syndicated data sources and translates findings for application at the customer team level.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Trade, and Finance to track orders and ensure product shipment allocations meet company guidelines; Partner with internal team members to develop and execute the pricing strategy.
• Partner with internal team members (i.e. Shopper Marketing) on research and outputs.
• Lead business planning process by preparing insights and analytics to support marketing strategy, preparing planning templates, communicating the process, and conducting internet meetings to complete the customer and sales team planning processes; Lead cross-functional team members in development and implementation in the 4Ps; Ensure execution of plans through regular communication and interaction with the customer team and in-store visits.
• Provide sales volume input for the assigned brand to increase accuracy of the SKU-level forecast; Conduct regular update communication sessions between groups to ensure alignment across teams on forecast attainment.
• Seek out and secure funds from brand or marketing to support sales efforts; Ensure promotional and marketing initiatives remain within budget; Maximize trade spend dollar allotment by tracking and monitoring return on investment of trade funds to achieve enhanced share with minimal expenditure. Develop and manages promotional programs, such as special packs, coupon packs, and in-store displays, to support customer sales, while monitoring performance report results.
In addition to brand responsibilities,
• Manage and execute key partnership programs across the Neutrogena brand.
• Own the Neutrogena team integrated business forecasting process in conjunction with the Sales Strategy Managers
• Will participate in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
• A minimum of a 4-year degree is required.
• 4 years’ total business experience required.
• A minimum of 3 years prior experience in consumer package goods or if internal to J&J, a minimum of 3 years of sales experience in another J&J operating company is required.
• Prior experience in direct customer sales, business analytics, or customer or category marketing required.
• Prior customer-facing selling experience is preferred
• Experience working with syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen) is preferred
• Skincare experience preferred
• Demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies and/or initiatives
• Ability to complete projects and follow processes to deliver results, including volume achievements
• Ability to plan and execute the business planning process
• Ability to manage funds and resources to deliver the greatest outcome for the company
• Ability to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources, and web applications required.
• This position may require up to 20% travel.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)