The Technology organization within Visa, Inc. is responsible for all systems,
technology and processing platforms, networks, and the development required to
support the business demands of the company. Job Description
A Service Desk Manager should be able to support an ITIL based infrastructure to include incident resolution and escalation of issues for which there is no immediate workaround. The VISA Service Desk Manager needs to have a similar discipline, but will also be expected to drive the team to resolve upwards of 80% of all issues without the need for any escalation. Ideal candidate must possess demonstrable leadership qualities combined with technical expertise, and client advocacy to be able to drive and direct a best-in-class ITIL focused Team of professionals. The Service Desk manager will be required to drive Service level expectation against the performance of the team to ensure that external and internal clients experience a positive response to inquiries, issues and events. The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a team of professionals who provide first level support for Visa's Global Network and Authorization systems, networks and platforms.
- Provide management and leadership to members of the Service Desk team including staffing selection, goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning, career development, coaching and administrative support
- Assist the Business Leader in developing and managing short to longer term tactical and strategic support initiatives to meet the operational and continuity needs of Visa and its customers
- Improve work processes, procedures and systems while reducing Visa's exposure to financial loss
- Build relationships with all supported customers and service providers (internal and external) and act as a liaison to identify opportunities and challenges and implement solutions
- Represent the support team on cross-functional projects and ensure the timely completion of agreed deliverables
- Measure the overall support effectiveness and quality of work through metrics in order to maintain the standard of the Visa brand
- Manage the change activity across all production and development network and authorization systems ensuring risk is managed, system and service disruptions are kept to a minimum and service levels maintained
- Act as delegate to the Business Leader in his absence
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills in day-to-day work; take ownership of critical issues where appropriate, drive incidents to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Manage team workload; ensure all incidents, problems and requests are prioritized, assigned, resolved or acted on in a timely manner; ensure all incidents and problems have root cause identified where possible
- Review and identify common problem areas that require focus and assign tasks accordingly:
- Working with the appropriate groups to, administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a standard approach is adopted in the implementation of system changes; mentor team members on these policies and procedures
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software;
- Represent the Service Desk team in relevant meetings such as process improvement and initiatives meetings
- Will understand and adhere to the current escalation and critical situation management process within the Global Operations Service Desk
- Support project schedules and changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training. .
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Must Develop an in-depth understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Attend and participate in Change and Problem Advisory Board meetings
- Experience managing a large team in a very diverse and de-centralized environment
- Proven record of establishing and implementing objectives and tactical plans from overall direction and strategy to execution
- Ability to interpret and represent technical issues into business concepts and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Leads by example
- Clear understanding of Visa's authorization systems and network
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a network and authorization technical support role
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to seven years of service desk experience
- IT Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) V3
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.