Agency Distribution is Prudential's nationwide sales organization.
Posting is for the Mid America Territory which coverages the states of DE, IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WI, WV
Agency Distribution's vision - to be the industry's career company of choice - can only be achieved with a highly skilled and successful leadership team. The Associate Managing Director ("AMD") role is a developmental path to the Managing Director position, a key position in our distribution organization with responsibility for leading one of our agencies within Agency Distribution and is used to create a bench of talented individuals prepared to assume this critical role.
The Program is structured in three phases, which are expected to take, based on the individual's prior financial services and managerial experience, between six to 18 months. Each phase includes core curriculum, activities, and experiences. The AMD is assigned to a Territorial Vice President who is responsible for working with the individual and customizing assignments in order to build on the individual's financial services, sales, and management knowledge / skills, while addressing areas of developmental needs. Individuals in the program are eligible to post for open Managing Director positions at any time during the development process. However, they are encouraged to assess their readiness prior to doing so. It is expected that successful AMDs will secure a Managing Director position on or before their 18 th month in the program.
The Associate Managing Director (AMD) is responsible successfully moving through the assigned curriculum, activities and experiences during each Phases of Development. AMDs may be asked to work with Managing Directors in agencies throughout the territory and in other territories to gain first-hand knowledge and experience of what is expected of a Managing Director. The AMD is likely to have the opportunity to assist in the implementation of important recruiting, sales, and marketing initiatives and plans. They may also be asked to use their skills to coach and develop financial professionals and managers, financial services. They will be expected to learn and manage key performance indicators in order to maintain a productive, profitable and cost-effective agency. It is expected that through their work with Operations and Controls Managers and staff they will develop and understanding of the regulatory rules, requirements, and related processes that are essential to conducting our business in the right way
Ultimately, once selected for a Managing Director position, the individual will have responsibility for achieving staffing, retention, sales, productivity, market share, and profitability objectives, developing and communicating agency strategies, developing front line management, and overseeing the training and development of financial professionals. The Associate Managing Director takes direction from, partners with, and reports to the Territorial Vice President. The Territorial Vice President may assign him/her to a Managing Director for a rotational experience in which case he/she will be expected to take direction from, partner with and report to the Managing Director. In partnership with the Managing Director and/or Territorial Vice President, the AMD is expected to demonstrate and continue to enhance the following skills:
· Creating and communicating a vision consistent with Agency Distribution's vision and priorities
· Effectively implementing the Relationship Sales Process and all of its components with financial professionals and field managers Implementing and monitoring the activities of the organization to ensure consistency with the Company's product strategy
· Building trust and integrity throughout the organization
· Helping establish and maintain a respectful, open work environment, where individuals feel supported and able to perform their best Promoting an understanding of individual, agency and company compliance requirements, ethical standards, business practices and process and, where necessary, taking appropriate disciplinary actions to address unacceptable behavior.
· Driving and reinforcing the right outcomes that are consistent with Agency Distribution's vision, e.g. customer persistency, quality selection of applicants, associate retention, profitability, etc.
· Managing the operational and administrative elements within the agency including: budgets, performance appraisals, Affirmative Action Plans, etc.
· Setting an example as a role model
· Holding self and others accountable for results
· Working as a team members to achieve common agency goals
· Setting clear goals for self and others
· Using performance measures to drive appropriate activity
· Participating in the development, implementation, and execution of the annual business plan
· Facilitating s the achievement of recruiting, sales and productivity objectives
· Conducting weekly Coaching of individuals assigned through PEPs Sessions Developing front-line management skills in coaching individuals on performance and improving performance to speak candidly with sales professionals who are not meeting goals,
· Participating in the conservation of business and clients
Drive for Results
Developing and achieving long-term growth and development of the Agency, while meeting short-term goals. Recruiting and Retention
· Partnering with agency management to develop and execute agency recruiting and retention plans that address the availability of under-represented and under-served diverse segments
· Developing and modifying recruiting and marketing strategies to reflect demographic changes and to capitalize on niche markets
· Implementing best practices for warm source recruiting; by identifying and developing relationships with key referral and nominator sources to build and maintain an ongoing pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates
· Directing and participating in the selection interviewing process
· Adhering to all recruiting and selection guidelines and processes
· Identifying and developing talent for field management positions
• Strong managerial skills
• Relationship building skills
• Ability to transfer skills and knowledge
• Demonstrated track record of success
• Ability to coach and motivate
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to influence others
• Analytical ability: Problem-solving skills
• Organization/time management/prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Presentation/oral communication skills
• Active in professional and community organizations
• Series 6 & 66 registrations, Life/Health licenses & P&C license
• Variable license where required
• Series 7
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Insurance is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America and its affiliates. Securities offered by Pruco Securities, LLC (Pruco). The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Pruco are Prudential Financial companies located in Newark, NJ.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in its workforce.
Prudential is an Employer that participates in E-Verify.
NR Ed. 6/2011
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.