DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Engineer to be located in Horseheads, NY.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Supports assigned manufacturing operations, (i.e., turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, etc.,) in the areas of process development, tool design, CNC programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, layout, and operations, and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
- Works independently in a manufacturing environment in support of Synthes’ Quality Mission, and in compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Work Instructions.
- Interfaces regularly with Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Supervisors, QA Inspectors, and Product Development Engineers.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors in regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
- May act as a technical reference or complete special projects in individual areas of expertise (i.e., programming, tooling, packaging, finishing, etc.)
- May participate on a team in order to accomplish new product implementation, process design, process improvement or any other technical manufacturing issues.
- Knows and follows all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field is highly preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in a medical device and/or pharmaceutical environment (internships, co-ops, practical experience) is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in manufacturing engineering with hands-on startup and troubleshooting skills is highly preferred.
- Experience in CNC metal cutting environment is preferred.
- Additional experience in project management utilizing organizational skills would be a plus.
- Experience with FDA regulated environment, CAPA, risk assessment and process validation are preferred.
- Previous experience with statistics/mathematics is highly desirable.
- This position will be based in Horseheads, NY and may require up to 10% travel.
United States-New York-HorseheadsOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function