Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across 70+ countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives—including your own. OBJECTIVES:
Partner with the US Senior Medical Director to deliver the US medical affairs activities for oncology. The focus will be on Multiple Myeloma but also an ever-increasing role in newer therapies (immuno-oncology, pipeline compounds) that will enter the MM and hematologic malignancy space.
Provide leadership to a multifunctional, matrixed US medical affairs team, including medical communications, medical publications, medical information, medical education, strategic alliances, and other medical affairs professionals.
Ensure compliance with and maintenance of excellence in standards and practices. This includes advancing collaborations with community hospital systems, large oncology practice groups , community oncologists, and health care practitioners. The role will also involve collaboration with research groups, payers, and patient advocacy groups. This position will also provide medical and scientific leadership for the Takeda-sponsored medical affairs study sites in the US and for our US registry sties in our current global multiple myeloma study. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the needs of oncology patients and demonstrate a focus on activities to meet those needs
- Participate in the development of the US/global medical affairs plan
- Work closely with Takeda medical science liaisons (MSLs) with regard to scientific education, advisory boards, community clinical trial sites, interactions with community health care professionals and small/medium payer accounts
- Work with Global Oncology Business Unit (GOBU) leads to support US medical affairs activities
- Provide scientific expertise in the development of non-promotional and promotional materials
- Work closely with alliance partners and with clinical development and commercial
- Provide strategic assessments of opportunities and threats regarding the treatment of MM patients in the US.
- Lead a broad range of medical affairs activities, including serving as medical monitor for US Takeda-sponsored medical affairs studies, internal training, and conducting advisory boards
- Foster research relationships with community hospital centers and key US community oncologists
- Interact regularly with key medical opinion leaders
- Provide medical leadership for investigator initiated studies (IIS) program
- Responsible for US thought leader development
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Demonstrated focus on patients’ interest
- Active US MD license required
- Ideal candidate will have worked in community hospital setting
- Minimum of 2 years combined post-clinical MD/industry experience
- Must have conducted or participated in clinical trials with track record of patient accrual
- Must have experience in hematology and oncology.
- In-depth understanding of the multiple myeloma research environment and the immuno-oncology field is a key plus.
- Requires experience and success in working in a matrixed, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
.Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.