Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an associate monetization analyst to manage the day-to-day pricing and promotional calendar of Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II. This individual will also provide the development team with weekly analysis and insights. This position will require coordination with regional offices, Irvine headquarters (HQ), and development teams to ensure prices, as well as the release calendar are updated accordingly. In addition, the successful candidate will ensure that regional storefronts correctly reflect updated prices, as well as manage the distribution of promotional keys.
This position is based in our headquarters offices in Irvine, California. This person will work with the monetization manager and Heroes of the Storm / StarCraft II business operations team.Responsibilities
- Maintain product catalog by creating new products (heroes, skins, and bundles) and updating prices of products.
- Update global price database and promotional calendar which is used by the various development departments and regional offices.
- Partner with live operations, battle.net, and quality assurance (QA) to ensure the smooth deployment of patches.
- Support sales activities by preparing and initiating sales as well as analyzing the results of sales.
- Identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Work with local country managers and regional pricing specialist to understand the impact of local efforts that may have impacted a promotion.
- Manage weekly reporting to Blizzard leadership with ability to highlight key insights.
- Develop analysis and recommendation various topics using less than ideal information.
- Organize, manage, and distribute a large assortment of promotional keys.
- Research industry articles and maintain a monetization newsletter utilized by various managers at Blizzard.
- Able to distill data into easily communicable key recommendations
- Able to thrive in a constantly changing environment and adapt projects as needed
- Passionate about experimentation and learning, always striving for improvement
- A minimum of 2 years' work experience
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and writing skills (proficiency with MS Office) and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a Quantitative field (Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
Required Application Materials
- MBA or quantitative Master's Degree
- Experience in the video game, mobile content, social media, consumer software, or digital entertainment industries
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.