Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and
is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa
facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among
financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial
institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit,
prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide
consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure,
convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and
territories.Job Description Position Summary
The global systems operations team supports all the processing operations for
Visa Inc., including Visa's networks, systems, and applications. It is also
responsible for physical engineering and support of the Visa facilities and the
lab environment.Job Scope
As a member of Operations Command Center, the Associate Network Processing
Analyst has the primary responsibility for monitoring authorization processing
and providing first level response to assist with the mitigation or elimination
of issues which may be impacting to our clients, or the VISA brand. The
preferred candidate will have the responsibility of being the first point of
contact for all Visa customers (worldwide), and will need to possess excellent
Customer Service, technical and analytical abilities in order to effectively
manage first contact with VISA customers, and resolve a high number of reported
issues without any need for escalation or assistance. The preferred candidate
will possess all of the following competencies:THIS IS A DAY SHIFT POSITION
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Support and advocacy for Visa clients comprised of consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments worldwide.
- Basic understanding of the ISO 8583 message format standard in order to build a strong
understanding of the payment transaction elements from point of sale acquirer
to Issuer and back, ultimately resulting in a seamless transaction for the
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of Authorization transaction message flow and the
different types of transaction exceptions that can be encountered resulting in
- Must be able to work flexible shift hours.
- Ability to gather pertinent information and work with our clients to isolate and resolve the
majority of events without any need for assistance.
- Ability to develop, edit and distribute effective internal and external communication in a timely
and accurate manner as per documented process.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels.
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident
management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets
a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of
incidents and problems.
- Support project schedules and changes management.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone calls.
- Internal and External Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal and client facing issues.
- Data Analysis and research
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize a
constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as
part of a team.
- Financial/banking background
Additional Information Alternative Schedule:
- Basic Understanding of Authorization transaction message flow with the ability to gain an in-depth
- Understanding of Tandem System Technology
- Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support monitoring
and response for client and Visa brand issues. Primary Tools are Netcool and Vital Signs
- 6 to 12 months of relevant experience
- Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to
prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements.
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Need to already possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate
(ITIL), or ability to obtain within 6 months.
This is a two-week rotating schedule of 12-hour shifts.
Required to work OT as requested to cover staff shortages and training.
This is an operational department therefore, you will be required to work
weekends and over the holiday periods as scheduled.
Shift starts at 6:00 AM MT/8:00 AM ET and ends at 6:30 PM MT/8:30 PM ET.
Shift repeats every 2 weeks.
Week 1: Scheduled work days are: Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat and Sun
Week 2: Scheduled work days are: Wed and Thurs