Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has over $2 trillion under management and is one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors.
The Field Strategic Services (FSS) group focuses on transformational platform strategies to give Financial Advisors (FAs) and their support staff better tools to serve our clients. The Strategic Client Onboarding (SCO) team within FSS is recruiting a strategic thinker who has a passion for uncovering new opportunities and executing projects to continuously improve the Morgan Stanley Client Onboarding experience. The Associate - Onboarding Documents & Correspondence will be responsible for the execution of project activities, throughout the project life cycle from initiation to implementation, in the program's Onboarding Documents & Correspondence portfolio.
The business scope of Onboarding Documents & Correspondence includes account opening/maintenance and all ancillary processes including account-related correspondence such as playbacks and disclosures. Focus is on the data gathering approach, process integration, and client interaction experience across systems and platform.
The Associate - Onboarding Documents & Correspondence will oversee multiple projects simultaneously from beginning to end. S/he will act as a subject matter expert for the Client Onboarding platform. The Associate - Onboarding Documents & Correspondence will field inquiries from senior management, the service center, business partners, and FAs/CSAs and be able to explain how the system works and troubleshoot escalations as necessary. The ideal candidate is an inquisitive self-starter with experience in client onboarding project management.
- Manage projects independently through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Perform business analysis and document formal business requirements for both strategic and tactical projects
- Assist with the creation and execution of testing plans
- Assure overall quality of delivered solutions, including resolution of critical test and live production defects
- Partner with team members from Legal, Compliance, and Risk to understand new documentary requirements, and to facilitate consensus on solutions for implementing new documents and changes to existing document
- Partner with peers in the Strategic Client Onboarding program to ensure that new documents, and changes to existing documents, are implemented without disruption to client and field experience
- Support new account and other document requirements associated with non-Onboarding business programs
- Serve as business subject matter expert for the areas noted above. This includes command of business process and system function.
- Coordinate business development and implementation activities with vendor partners
- Present client-facing document projects for review in the Firm's Client Communications Governance forum
- Represent the Strategic Client Onboarding in the Firm's Forms Governance forum
- Evaluate tactical risk mitigation opportunities
- Perform business verification of new and updated documents and correspondence post-implementation in production
- Resolve escalations from senior management, the Service Center, Business Partners, and FAs/CSAs daily
- Assist with meeting preparation and facilitation
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in related role or function
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional project management skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to drive a project to completion.
- Ability to develop and run complex data analytics required.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent analytical, process-oriented, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills required.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both business and technical contexts.
- Must be able to understand technical intricacies of technology-driven processes
- Must be able to translate legal documents into business context
- Ability to work well with employees across a diverse range of functional groups required.
- Must have ability to build consensus across teams.
- Must be able to work within a structured project discipline
- Must be able to assume a high level of autonomy quickly.
- Advanced PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Visio a plus.
- Prior experience in Wealth Management or Financial Services client onboarding a plus.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.