Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
The Pension Investment Unit (PIU) is responsible for assisting with the analysis and investment processes related to the ongoing portfolio management of MetLife’s approximately $20 billion of Qualified and Non-Qualified benefit plan assets
- Coordinate the collection of asset and performance information from internal partners, external vendors and investment managers for internal reporting and periodic reports for/to various benefit committees.
- Monitor and review oversight aspects of assigned investment managers including but not limited to investment performance, portfolio holdings, organization, personnel, investment process and peer analysis.
- Run optimizations as well as analyze portfolio risk and market data to facilitate asset allocation decisions.
- Monitor cash balances and recommend funding sources for monthly Pension Plan benefit payments.
- Assist in periodic Asset Liability Management (ALM) studies with external investment consultants and internal Actuarial staff.
- Coordinate with MetLife’s Retirement and Income Solutions, Benefits, Actuarial, Enterprise Risk Management and Legal departments to ensure a smooth operating environment for the Benefit Plans.
- 5+ years relevant pension/endowment/foundation experience, ideally in third-party manager oversight (public equity, fixed income, alternative asset classes) and ALM concepts
- Strong interest in financial markets and asset management, working knowledge of multiple investment strategies and asset classes
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work effectively with others across multiple departments and teams
- MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 57881