Our team is continuing to grow rapidly and we are looking for an Engagement Manager to join us in New York or San Francisco.
We are a team with a company history entirely based in healthcare and everything we do supports providing more insight about market dynamics, therapy area changes, scientific innovations, and previous research approaches. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of RWE in a constantly evolving industry. Our collective expertise (across functions, therapeutic areas, and disciplines) helps clients understand how to answer their questions by leveraging the best possible information, technology and analytic research techniques. We work with our internal experts in roles from strategic consulting to HEOR to pharmaco-epidemiology to predictive analytics to data management to local experts - whatever the client needs.
You will join a high profile, talented and fast paced team, actively participating and supporting the development and delivery of client projects and new RWE product offerings. It will be down to you to support the senior team in a range of client project and product development activities.
The successful candidate will be able to achieve rapid professional development, learning from and being coached by members of the world's leading and most innovative RWE team.Responsibilities
As an Engagement Manager within the Product & Business Development (P&BD) team you'll be responsible for leading and ensuring the successful delivery of projects by:
- Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Leadingteams to execute high quality research and analysis.
- Designing, structuring and delivering client reports and presentations.
- Developingclient relationships through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone and email contact.
- Providing expert guidance on RWE and the RWD landscape to junior colleagues.
- Leadingthe development of proposals for new projects / commercial opportunities inpartnership with Principals and/or Senior Principals.
- Takingan active role in business development, building client relationships and identifying new business opportunities with clients.
- Leadingquality assurance efforts for all projects within scope - in particular for client analytical work.
- Administrating control of the fees and expenses during Projects (travel, meetings, organizing invoicing with finance, etc.).
- Developingbroader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and the pharmaceuticalmarket through on the job exposure and formal training.
- Building deep knowledge of IQVIA data sources and further developing knowledge of the broader RWD landscape.
- Supportingon initiatives around IQVIA's broad RWE strategy and own M&A activities (e.g. target assessment / due diligence, etc.).
- Coaching project team members and supporting them to fulfill their personalobjectives.
- Acting as a formal coach / mentor for up to 3 junior team members on an ongoing basis (i.e. not just in projects).
Engagement Managers will usually be staffed on 2-3 projects in parallel ensuring a broad exposure to the wide range of activities that P&BD undertake in a rapid timeframe, as well as the opportunity to demonstrate a broad skill set.Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates interested in joining P&BD as an Engagement Manager will have:
• Extensive experience in healthcare / life sciences or the Pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in healthcare / life sciences with focus on strategic business cases, product development, technical architecture. Strong capability in managing projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes.
• Experience of working in sizable/multi-disciplined teams and supervising / guiding junior team members.
• Experience of developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
• Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
• Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent presentation, communication and client influencing skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
• Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques would be desirable.
• Experience of SAS analytics would be desirable.Qualifications & Other Requirements
• In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining as an Engagement Manager will have:
• A bachelor's degree is required, and MBA or other graduate degree in a field relevant to life sciences or computer science is a plus, though not essential.
• Extensive experience in healthcare consulting / experience in life science sector industry.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong international consulting experience a strong plus
• A willingness and ability to travel.