Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
With Merck's increasing biologics portfolio, the Process Development and Engineering department is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to lead the development of efficient and robust upstream processes with high productivity and product quality, targeting both early and late stage product candidates. The talented individual will serve as a technical lead in interdisciplinary CMC teams and provide technical oversight to junior colleagues to support both pipeline projects and technology development. The role works closely with discovery teams and downstream process development teams, as well as clinical manufacturing sites and commercialization teams. Qualifications:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent biological/engineering sciences with at least 4 years of experience post PhD OR a MS with 8 years of experience OR a BS with 12 years of experience.
- Solid experience in chemically defined medium and feed development for fed-batch and/or perfusion processes.
- Experience in applying innovative tools such as Systems Biology (e.g. transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, and other omics approaches) or PAT for cell culture process development and characterization.
- Excellent scientific understanding of cell biology and engineering principles for recombinant protein production with mammalian cell culture, including molecular biology, cell metabolism, upstream process development and scale-up.
- Demonstrated sound record in development, scale-up and tech transfer of upstream processes for clinical or commercial manufacturing.
- Solid track record of scientific contributions in the field of upstream process development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead functional teams in multidisciplinary environment.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in upstream process characterization and scale-down model development for cell culture process.
- Hands-on experience and solid knowledge on advanced statistical and computational tools (e.g. multivariate data analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics).
- Solid understanding and experience in cGMP manufacturing of biologics.
- Experience in regulatory filings of biologics in US or worldwide.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement