Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of Global Science and Commercialization Technology-Analytical Chemistry in Development and Supply (GSTC-ACDS), successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and real time release testing in the continuous manufacturing platforms. The selected individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with Global Pharmaceutical Commercialization, Global Technical Operations, Quality and regulatory functions and Global manufacturing sites to make significant contributions towards Merck's Continuous Processing and Real time release testing efforts for meeting World Class Supply objectives, specifically highest quality, lowest cost, and shortest lead time. The scope of the contributions include development and implementation of advanced real-time measurement technologies to support existing products and development of new products for process control and real-time release testing (RTRT).
- Lead the development and implementation of advanced in-line, on-line, and at-line PAT methods in drug product manufacturing operation.
- Technologies include, but are not limited to: multivariate modeling and advanced process control methodologies, predictive models for drug critical quality attributes, online spectroscopy (Raman, NIR, Fluorescence).
- Develop PAT methods to serve as in-process or at-line alternatives to tablet dissolution, impurities and degradates testing.
- Conduct and manage the method development, validation, filing, and technology transfer of PAT applications from development to pilot scale/commercialization or manufacturing.
- Lead contributions to regulatory filings regarding PAT and real time release testing in multiple markets.
- Ph.D. or MS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/ Physics/Material Science and Engineering or related discipline with solid academic record and/or relevant work experience.
- Ph.D. with minimum 2 years of experience, M.S. with at least 8 years of experience.
- Process modeling, On-line analysis, automation, continuous processing.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement