Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of Global Science and Commercialization Technology-Analytical Chemistry in Development and Supply (GSTC-ACDS), you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for advanced process control (APC) and the deployment and realization of APC tools to Merck's small molecule, vaccines' and biologics' products. APC as used here encompasses a wide range of tools including Model Predictive Control and Statistical Process Control. The selected individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with Technical Operations, IT, Quality and other manufacturing groups at multiple sites to make significant contributions towards Merck's process robustness and consistency goals.
The scope of the contributions include assessing local business needs, development and implementation of advanced process control and model predictive control algorithms that will ultimately help meet Merck's World Class Supply objectives of highest quality, lowest cost, and shortest lead time.
- Lead interactions with end-users to understand business needs and develop solutions based on Advanced Process Control principles.
- Lead the development and implementation of multivariate models for monitoring and/or control for a wide variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Identify or develop software solutions to realize real-time process monitoring and Advanced Process Control.
- Active engagement with IT groups to implement solutions.
- Required: B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. Chemistry, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Bachelors 8 years, Masters 4 years, or PhD 1 year of industry experience
- Expertise in real-time process/plant monitoring and/or the design and selection of various control algorithms including PID loops, multivariate model predictive control, advanced process control such as adaptive, predictive, feed-forward and feed-backward controlModeling skills such as Partial Least Squares, Principal Component Analysis and modeling of dynamic systems.
- Demonstrated history of having deployed monitoring or control algorithms in manufacturing environments.
- Ability to communicate broadly & translate process requirements into process control and automation strategies.
- Experience with implementation of MVDA, MSPC or APC in a GMP environment.
- Knowledge of basic controls system hardware architecture, including PLCs, DCS, SCADA, etc.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink or other similar software.
- Experience with one or more data historians such as Oracle or SQL databases.
- Expertise in signal processing and is knowledgeable on controller validation, tuning and optimization.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills and will be expected to continually draw upon his/her ability to think independently, to solve problems, and to apply innovative scientific approaches.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement