Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Assists Fluid Therapy and Drug Delivery product management team in managing overall profitability of assigned product line(s) (maintain existing products and product development of line extensions). Responsible for the development, implementation and control of marketing programs to maintain and increase market share as well as manage the profitability of the Fluid Therapy franchise. Impacts organization by evaluating the Fluid Therapy marketplace, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and providing direction for assigned product lines thereby positively impacting company revenue and operating profit. Decisions directly impact operating profit, customer satisfaction levels and sales force focus and direction. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Assists Fluid Therapy product management team in the design and implementation of the product marketing strategy to support B. Braun Hospital Care strategy and increase BBMUS market share and revenue.
- Manages all operational aspects of product line, including forecasting, inventory, backorders, and quality issues.
- Develops unit revenue and profitability forecast for stable product line(s).
- Develops or maintain assigned Fluid Therapy product line pricing strategy.
- Identifies and writes requirements for new product and/or product line extensions development and acts as integral part of development team.
- Formulates and directs new Fluid Therapy product launch activities.
- Manages all promotional activities related to assigned Fluid Therapy products.
- Monitors product incident reports and helps direct corrective actions if needed.
- Coordinates and assists with in-house sales training programs related to all Fluid Therapy products.
- Actively contributes to Global Marketing Team (GMS) and Fluid Therapy Business Management Team.
- Interaction with external PFG and business partners.
- Interaction with Fluid Therapy team members to provide forecasting projections at monthly meetings and as needed.
- Interaction with Corporate Accounts team members to maximize existing Fluid Therapy contracts or contribute to new bid responses in an attempt to secure new contracts.
- Assists with maintaining product group operating budget.
- Maintains an active field travel schedule to regularly meet with customers, sales, personnel, inventors, and consultants.
- Principles of Marketing
- Technical product information
- Product selling/demonstration skills
- Office procedures
- Departmental policies
- Management theories
- Base knowledge of U.S. hospital and continuing care markets
- Knowledge of mathematical/statistical principles
- New product approval process/regulatory requirements specifically ANDA/NDA
- Direct product line management experience
- Management of product line promotional activities
- Microsoft Office software proficiency - especially PowerPoint, Word, and especially Excel
- Plan writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Communicate persuasively and effectively with others
- Public speaking
- Analysis of financial reports
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Analyze and interpret technical journals
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Assist in launch of new products
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
- 1-3 years product marketing experience and/or combination of sales or engineering and marketing experience.
- Business travel, as required
- Valid driver's license and passport
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.