Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Associate Product Manager to plan, organize, and control an assigned Aerospace product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. This position is located at our aerospace manufacturing facility in City of Industry, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.Key Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Establishes dealer networks and creates and manages alliances with manufacturers.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication - ability to write clearly and informatively; to present numerical data effectively; to speak clearly and persuasively to drive results; able to communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Strong Analytical Skills - ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Business Acumen - demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions; orientation to profitability; and knowledge of market and competition.
- Strong Mathematical Skills - ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Project Management - ability to develop project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects on time and on budget
- Computer skills - proficient with Microsoft Office; expert level Excel proficiency (pivot tables, VLOOKUP).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 2 years of Product Management, Business Development Management, or Analyst experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Experience with Sales Analytics or Marketing/Pricing Analytics is strongly preferred (Excel pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Experience with Aerospace industry products is strongly preferred
- Managerial/ Supervisory experience
- Experience in the fastener industry
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations