Eaton’s Lighting Solutions Division business is seeking an Associate Product Manager - Streetworks. This position will be based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
This position will be responsible to help drive and achieve Division and Corporate goals for sales growth and profitability via various selling, promotional, market and product development activities for Eaton’s outdoor municipal and utility channels and product lines. Duties include but are not limited to: effective leadership and coordination with our internal and utility sales teams, marketing management teams and our sales team and agency partners to help provide superior products and service to our distributors, ESCOs, contractors, specifiers, end-user customers, etc. The responsibilities of this role will also include engaging with lead marketing and controls managers and outside key influencers to gain valuable voice of the customer for future products, controlled and connected lighting solutions, services, etc. This position will serve as the bridge between product marketing, internal sales and end customers to review channel and segment analysis to help enhance existing and define new strategic segment creation. This alignment will help to drive commercial brand strategies, marketing programs, competitive benchmarking, commercial roll-out plans and training programs and materials for Eaton’s outdoor municipal and utility channels and product lines. Success is measured by the execution of the strategic plan that ties to corporate goals along with defined revenue growth and profitability metrics.
Key Project & Bid/Blanket Management:
- Monitor channel project pipeline with National Sales Director, RSMs, LED Project Manager and pricing teams for key current and potential customers based on set priorities and parameters. Must engage with Product Marketing for alignment and direction.
- Must coordinate cost and profit review of the total bid/blanket management with Product Marketing, Supply Chain and Engineering to help drive forward cost vs. price targets through underpinned VAVE actions and Bid Approval Process to give us the best chance to win.
- Provide RSMs and LED Project Manager with support if required on key customer sales calls to represent Product Marketing to leverage our strengths and competitive advantages. Could include travel or coordination of customer visits to The Source training facility in PTC.
- Provide support as required to the RSMs, LED Project Manager, Pre & Post Sales Managers the review of any T’s & C’s and contract documents prior to quotation and award to make sure we take exception to, agree to or drive for necessary approval to ensure risks and potential hidden costs are captured. Get Product Marketing’s input as required.
- Develop a Wins & Losses dashboard by territory to monitor key market trends, competitive pricing, our pricing strategies etc. to be used as both an NPD tool but to help drive pricing strategies on future projects.
- Post award management to ensure that initial orders are received correctly by the agent and entered correctly into SAP. Make sure lead Marketing Manager and Demand Plan teams are current in long term forecast models. Assist post sales teams with making sure operations has a clear understanding of specific customer requirements in regards to BOMs, dating and delivery requirements so that initial orders are processed and shipped within customer’s expectations.
Commercialization, NPD Launch and Rollout Support:
- Work with lead Marketing and Outdoor Controls Managers, National Sales Director and Marcom teams to improve our NPD commercialization strategies.
- Help to “prime the pump” by defining necessary pre-launch initiatives required per the National Sales Director and lead Marketing Manager. This could include pre-launch sales samples, preliminary spec sheet and training materials, etc. Must tie to Pro-Launch schedule.
- Work with the National Sales Director and lead Marketing Manager to finalize additional commercialization strategies and support as needed with sales calls, coordinated regional training events, etc.
Competitive Benchmarking and New Product Development Support:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Continuously gathers and analyzes competitive product information, market trends and customer insights during Key Project & Bid/Blanket Management and coordinate reviews with lead Marketing and Outdoor Controls Managers.
- With direction from lead Marketing Manager, assist with the acquisition of must have competitive benchmarking samples for tear down review, photometric and thermal review, reverse cost engineering, etc.
- Support as required for specific VOC work for NPD and controls initiatives. May include customer calls and visits in the field, digital survey creation and review, coordinating efforts with RSMs etc. This is on top of any VOC information gathered during normal activities and duties.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of sales or marketing management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong verbal and technical communication skills
- Strong competency in LED and controls technology
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in the lighting industry, outdoor/exterior lighting and controls specifically in the utility roadway market
- Strong competency in LED products and controls technology
- Experience in new product development/technical program management, including commercialization and product training
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.