The Associate Product Owner is primarily responsible for supporting and executing the successful delivery and validation of new Lowe's Digital functionality to all digital interfaces in order to ensure all functional deliverables meet the defined business criteria.
Supports the project or other Product Owners by actively participating in daily standup meetings, grooming sessions, product demos, and may also assume responsibility of managing smaller tracks of work, driving priority, and making decisions for the business team. Over time, they will become the subject matter experts across all digital interfaces.
To accomplish this, the Associate Product Owner must have demonstrated experience in working with cross-functional teams, IT development teams, vendors, and multiple stakeholder groups or customers, while delivering at a high cadence. They must also possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate data into action.
The Associate Product Owner will be responsible for managing and providing results that support the Lowe's Digital organization.
Understanding Customer & Business
• Tracks decisions and concessions made to features/product during development for possible future enhancements.
• Monitors analytics and customer comments to understand user behavior & needs.
• Advocates for high standards in design and user experience.
• Centralizes what is best for the customer when making decisions.
• Drives for the long term value to the bigger picture by understanding the business value of an individual feature or enhancement and its impact to other areas of Lowe's Omni-Channel strategy.
Product Owner Alignment
• Supports the Product Owner in daily standup meetings, grooming sessions and other meetings and may also assume responsibility of managing smaller tracks of work, driving priority, and making decisions for the business team.
• Monitors the status of production defects and reports updates to the Product Owner.
• Helps the Product Owner gather and distribute release notes and other communications to partners.
• End user feature validation through surveys, customer care reports, analytics and other available tools.
• Assist with post-release knowledge transition and training of new capabilities.
Owns Overall Quality of Product
• Performs user acceptance testing during software development to ensure business requirements are properly implemented.
• Key point of contact for QA and Product Owner to clarify requirements, validate and prioritize defects.
• Sets business priority & impact to defects discovered during software development.
• Informs the Product Owner with test results and considerations for making Go/No Go approvals.
• Performs post release analysis by studying data, customer care reports and conducting user interviews to validate success metrics.
• Relentlessly drives high standards without compromising the user experience of products/features to meet customer expectations.
Understanding the Digital Landscape
• Comfortable working with digital workflows, tools and systems.
• Knowledge of the fundamental differences between available digital interfaces.
• Follows relevant trends, articles and product announcements to keep a pulse on the industry.
Collaboration with Others
• Comfortable working with cross-functional dynamic team structures to organize work processes for efficiency.
• Promotes a collaborative environment by working with and sharing information with peers, managers, and customers as appropriate.
• Takes initiative to move forward, actively asking questions and seeking feedback through the process.
• Organizes resources and information needed to accomplish tasks efficiently.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree OR 4+ years of experience in e-Commerce, Digital Channels or Retail Operations
• 3+ years working in customer facing product / marketing teams OR similar experience in interpreting requirements, analyzing customer feedback, and delivering digital products
• Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams, vendors, and multiple stakeholder groups or customers
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate data into action
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills (written & verbal)
• 2+ years of experience with reviewing and interpreting technical documentation, interface testing, defect reporting and resolution
• General understanding of user experience & interaction, creative elements, and general product design across multiple digital interfaces (desktop, mobile web, mobile applications)
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing shifting priorities, tactical deliverables, and project deadlines
• Experience working closely with business and development teams to communicate problem impacts
• Demonstrated experience with agile / scrum teams
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.