Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Customer and Supplier Management.
- Support specified sourcing initiatives.
- Manage on-going customer relationships and resolve any service issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage a broad base of US Fastener suppliers.
- Own and manage a product to vendor source list driven by changing customer demands.
- Manage to Sales Quoting expectations, ability to communicate at the item level when necessary.
- Create a quote history tool to quantify product requests totals and work with inventory to bid direct where applicable.
- Identify and qualify potential suppliers in assigned region and negotiate best total cost and terms.
- Complete regional supplier selection process working closely with cross functional sourcing, engineering, SQE, finance, operations team & Inventory team
- Negotiate lowest total cost of procurement whenever possible.
- On-going problem-solving and management of regional based suppliers.
- Supplier performance management as specified by business units/customer.
- Identify and qualify the right suppliers the first time on a global scale.
- Execute new program launch from the supplier identification phase to implementation and delivery in a timely fashion.
- Develop and manage broad and deep supplier relationships with assigned key/strategic suppliers to optimize financial and operational performance
- Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and better supplier performance, including conversion of indirect agent-based business to factory direct, alternating suppliers or products, contract renegotiations based on market changes, etc., working in conjunction with appropriate functional areas as needed
- Execute supplier and cost management system/metrics for assigned suppliers and demonstrate continuous improvement
- Bachelor ' s degree highly preferred or 3-5 years minimum experience of direct working in Fastener Sourcing/Quoting and/or Supplier Performance role
- Must have US Fastener knowledge in Sourcing, Product and/or US Fastener Suppliers
- Product Management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred. Procurement or sourcing experience a plus. Sales experience a plus
- Estimated travel 15-25%
- International business experience is a plus
- Financial background a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skill is required. Individual will have direct interaction with multiple geographies and businesses and works with all levels within an organization.
- Leadership is a plus for this position as it is important that he/she can drive results through others.
- Must have excellent communication skills
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.