Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe's is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers. Lowe's is looking for someone that is driven by potential-A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We're looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you're an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we're looking for.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in one or more small- to medium-scale business-specific projects that are relatively straightforward by applying basic business (or functional) expertise in project management. This role may manage and own smaller level efforts when appropriate. This includes responsibilities for supporting projects end-to-end through the planning, development, execution, and implementation stages to ensure administrative excellence, while adhering to Lowe's enterprise project practices. Overall, this role contributes to projects that ultimately work to move the organization forward and provide improvements across the business.
• Supports multiple projects that are less complex or manages one small to medium complex project from planning to minimum realization with responsibility for specific tactical outcomes through consistent organization, tracking, and communication with project stakeholders and personnel
• Develops, analyzes, and manages all touch points of the project plan including responsibility for scheduling, global resource forecasting, managing project financials, and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact
• Monitors the overall project performance (timeline, budget, and resource utilization) against plan and makes adjustments as needed when issues are identified and require resolution
• Assists in the request for information (RFI) and vendor request for proposal (RFP) processes as directed
• Participates in team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved, working with team members and learning from superior guidance on smaller less complex projects
• Helps mitigate project risks by collecting and analyzing data for trigger events, drafting contingency plans, and adjusting dependencies affected by ongoing project changes
• Maintains relationships with diverse project stakeholders by communicating with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management to support questions, feedback, and requests
• Participates in formal and informal training to continuously develop a cross-functional and/or subject matter expert skillset
• Prepares reports on key metrics to ensure project alignment and for project status communication
• Supports and is accountable to the Program Manager for the management, delivery and outcomes of assigned projects within the program
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
2+ Experience in business projects, including 1+ years managing project work streams
2+ Experience working on and/or managing project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management, organizational change)
2+ Experience managing operational or project financial budgets and leading project teams
1+ Experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates
Master's Degree or related field
Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification
1+ Experience in project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-fun ctional business solutions
1+ Experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.