Manages a project work stream, project plan and/or small project that involves a small number of team members - typically up to 5. May contribute/provide support to larger projects. Tracks progress/activities of team and work products/deliverables utilizing project management software and other standard tools. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements.Job Responsibilities
- Manages work streams of small projects, and coordinates/manages certain aspects of larger projects in coordination with Project/Program Lead. Acts as an indirect lead to small teams and may perform as track team lead for intermediate projects.
- Assists in managing project integration, scope, timeline, and communicates the status, risks and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the projects' outcomes are achieved as defined. Ensures established budget is adhered to project requirements.
- Conducts risk monitoring and controls during the project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcome. Prepares, monitors and updates project information, files, documentation, reports, and related work throughout the project lifecycle, including but not limited to project plan, project charter, scope and project schedules. Obtains appropriate level of approval for each project document and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
- Facilitates hand-offs across functions within the project.
- Ensures assigned duties and responsibilities/project results are completed with quality and are timely and accurate in nature in order to meet project leadership expectations.
- Tracks progress/activities of team and work products/deliverables utilizing project management software and other standard tools.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience coordinating projects OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience coordinating projects.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, superiors, internal/external stakeholders, business partners.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification in PMP Certification as granted by the PMI (attainment of the PMP certification at IT Project Manager level does not preclude attainment of the Sr. Role.)
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.