Prog/Project Management Job Number:
The Operations and Infrastructure (O&I) Project Management Office (PMO) provides the program and project management expertise that keeps Operations and Infrastructure projects moving, on schedule and within budget. The team anticipates problems before they occur and determine solutions to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances. The position of Senior Project Analyst plays a key role in the effective delivery of Visa's technology governance. This role focuses on providing consolidated project roadmaps, assists with project prioritization, monitors project management resource availability, and communicates project status to various teams (PD lanes, O&I, etc...).
This role will work with various senior business partners and along with his/her peers are responsible for building and supporting processes for project portfolio prioritization, as well as portfolio issues and risk management. Portfolio Roadmap: Ensures that the portfolio dashboard is up to date with key metric information (start/end dates, current budget, resources, PM assigned, high level status, and project type) and lead the monthly review process to focus on significant changes in timing, scope, resources, and cost, including analyzing portfolio trends, issues, dependencies, and metrics.
Specific Duties Include:
- Work with various project managers within PMO to report on resource capacity and portfolio activity. Ensure that all project portfolio reporting is consistently adhering to the Visa Inc. standard project management methodology throughout the project lifecycle, as aligned with PMO.
- Implement project request workflow and ensure adherence to PMO standards
- Provide a total portfolio view for all infrastructure / PD projects
- Identify waste and areas of improvement in order to improve efficiencies
- Develops and publishes key O&I metrics for Product Development teams, inclusive of project metrics.
- Coordinate multiple key stakeholder meetings, complete detailed analyses, preserve an accurate repository, and maintain a running schedule of topics is critical to successful performance of this position.
- Communicate with various levels within the organization including senior management, project managers, and engineers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with customers and key stakeholders. Exhibit strong leadership qualities and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Must have strong quantitative skills & experience taking raw data and drawing actionable insights from it
- Must have demonstrated capability in working with large virtual teams
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a technology field with process and/or project management experience
- Scorecard reporting experience preferred
- Prior experience in a Fortune 1000 company a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field preferred
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint & Visio skills.
Knowledge of Project Management Methodology, Software Development Lifecycles including Agile and Waterfall
- Previous experience using Clarity PPM or a similar tool is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations
- Strong presentational skills, capable of summarizing and communicating key project portfolio health and financial information at an executive level
- Excellent project- and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, and managing processes.
- A strong work ethic: A self-starter who can solve problems creatively and work well with others in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and remain flexible
- Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy in all work products
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code .
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.