Blizzard Entertainment seeks an adaptable, enthusiastic, and aggressive associate public relations (PR) manager to be an instrumental part of a team responsible for executing all PR activities for Blizzard esports. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years' PR experience in the gaming and / or sports industries being a media relations bulldog, organizing and facilitating interviews, and staffing events. Other areas of responsibility include coordinating the release of Blizzard-related information globally and assisting the other members of the PR team with a variety of tasks. Desired qualities include impeccable oral and written communication skills, an uncanny attention to detail, a high degree of flexibility and - of course - a passion for all things Blizzard.Major Responsibilities
- Execute high-impact public relations programs supporting press activities at competitive gaming events.
- Draft, present, and maintain detailed PR-plan documents.
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries.
- Manage day-to-day contact with target media, including consumer, sports and trade media.
- Conduct extensive phone / email correspondence and ongoing relationship-building efforts.
- Arrange and manage Blizzard's participation in events, press tours and interviews.
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Blizzard's international PR teams.
- Create press kits and other promotional materials as necessary.
- Compose accurate, well-written news releases and other media materials on deadline.
- Review and edit text for Blizzard's websites and other public mediums.
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Blizzard.
- Assist with public relations activities related to product launches and industry events.
- Obtain art assets that will be used to feature Blizzard games in print and online publications.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Excellent speaking, writing, time-management, and organizational skills
- A minimum of 5 years' PR experience, preferably in the gaming or sports industry
- Able to consistently execute good independent judgment, organize thoughts, and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload
- Expansive list of industry contacts
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Extremely detail-oriented approach to each assignment, and motivation to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to think strategically and creatively, and an understanding of all facets of PR
- Passion for technology, entertainment, and Blizzard games
- Team-focused mentality, while being able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.