Baxter International Inc. assists healthcare professionals and their patients with the treatment of complex medical conditions, including cancer, kidney disease and trauma. Baxter applies its expertise in medical devices and pharmaceuticals to make a meaningful difference in patients' lives.
Baxter offers a broad portfolio of intravenous (IV) solutions and nutritional therapies, drug delivery systems and administration sets, premixed and other injectable drugs, as well as inhalation anesthetics and hospital-based BioSurgery products, including products used for hemostasis and tissue-sealing in surgery.
We are looking for a Associate Representatives which is an entry level sales position within the BioSurgery business that sells products used to promote hemostasis and sealing. Under the direction of more senior sales staff (KAM/TBM/RM) the AR is responsible for maintaining business in existing accounts within an established geographic territory.
The Associate Representative will be responsible for:
- Understanding all the products, surgical specialties and devices within the BioSurgery portfolio
- Under the direction of the RM, KAM or TBM, Responsible for covering cases with existing surgeons and communicating outcomes, changes, and opportunities to the RM, TBM, and KAM
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting to TBM and RM on a periodic basis the inventory level at assigned accounts and building relationships with inventory hospital staff.
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting in place equipment and conducting education in services for Baxter regulators and spray equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers including surgeons, nurse's operating room staff and hospital administration.
- Effectively receives and maintains client relationships and additional business which is transitioned from the KAM, assists on the new customer onboarding process and ensures smooth transition.
- Maintaining on label usage of Baxter products through presence in the surgical suite and in-servicing.
- Work closely and communicate with -RM, TBM with the same account responsibilities to maintain existing Baxter Business.
- Work with RM and TBM to develop a plan to reach financial goals and quotas
- Provides extended case coverage for territories with a TBM vacancy or to cover leaves of absence for a given territory in the Region.
- Responsible for handling any broad duties within the area as defined by the Area Sales Director. .May be required to work outside primary assignments as required by business positions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Individuals must live within the current geography or be willing to relocate to it.
- Up to 50% Travel required, may increase for a period of time in the event vacant territory coverage is assigned.
- The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in sales or the surgical suite
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; promotes a free flow of information through the organization; proactively shares information within and across organization; listens actively.
- Customer Focus - develop effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and respect quickly; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Time management and organization skills are critical to manage a large geographic territory.
- Must exhibit self-motivation and required to work independently
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 2 years of sales experience or operating room environment experience
- Valid driver's license is required.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com
or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.