Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This individual will play a key role supporting and characterizing the binding properties of drug candidate hits and lead molecules across diverse therapeutic areas and modalities, primarily using biochemical and cell-based assay approaches. A number of methodologies will be employed including ELISA, FACS, SPR and Octet.
Detailed documentation of experiments will be required. Success in this role will involve interactions with multiple groups throughout the Molecular Discovery Technologies organization. Responsibilities:
- Execute established plate based biochemical assays (ELISA) using automation
- Experience with or understanding of other methodologies (FACS, Octet, SPR, FRET, Alpha, Luminex, MSD) desirable
- Expand range of technical skills to cover range of assays used in hit identification and lead characterization
- Equipment maintenance (Biacore, liquid handling QC, platewasher), mycoplasma testing
- Maintaining reagents and lab supplies
- Cell line inventory management
- Document experiments in ELN and LIMS and present experimental results and conclusions to group
- B.S. in a scientific discipline with 2 - 4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Strong experience with independent design and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Experience with cell culture is essential
- Familiarity with automation, electronic lab notebook or LIMS systems a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical and technical skills are required along with ability to work well within a team environment
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, broad scientific interests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a sense of urgency and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.