This is a high-profile position focused on growing Praxair Service (PSI) sales through territory management of 6-9 sales representatives. Position includes coaching, sales development, and growth of PSI products including industrial gas services, Sandjet ® and Asset Integrity Management Services (AIMS). While this is position is directly responsible for PSI products, team-selling across all Praxair businesses is critical. Responsibilities
- Support the development of maintenance of detailed individual account plans for major accounts for each territory
- Support and lead when necessary the negotiation and management of account contracts
- Develop and lead the long term strategies to gain developmental accounts.
- Articulating and negotiating this strategy across all PSI regions.
- Gaining consensus across all PSI regions and Praxair businesses.
- Building and maintaining credibility at all levels.
- Manages experienced sales professionals who exercise significant latitude and independence
- Personnel management responsibility large portion of job, contributes primarily through others
- Ensures alignment of area's priorities with broader organizational initiatives
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect sales units
- Sets culture and tone for area of responsibility
- Prioritizes work, allocates resources and provides guidance and training to team members
- Involved in setting organization's timelines and objectives and is accountable for meeting them
- Develops sales objectives and goals with sales professionals and provides counseling, guidance and support to drive product sales
- Trains others within the sales organization and distribution channels on product applications and sales techniques
- Provides product specific customer feedback (features, functionality, competition, possible sales results) to product line managers, management and customer service personnel
- Responsible for identifying and continuously improving team's sales activities that affect customer perceptions
- Provide recommendations for expense budgets and manages expenses to the budget/plan
- Lead sales team in identifying strategies for gain on profit improvement and new opportunities
- Works closely with business development for identifying and developing new product offerings
- Accountable for maintenance and growth of team's existing revenue stream
- Focal point to address and resolve any issues, questions, problems or opportunities that may arise during the sales/customer relationship
- Identifies, recruits and reassigns resources to address customer issues
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years Sales experience
- Familiarity within refining, natural gas and related industries
- Good time management skills
- CRM experience a plus
- Engineering Degree preferred
- 50% Travel Required
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.