Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is for an Associate Scientific Director for Biologics Lead Optimization Assays. The primary role of this leader will be to partner with therapeutic teams and other functional groups to develop and execute assays for characterization of our biotherapeutic leads during the lead optimization phase of discovery. This person will lead a team of scientists working in a matrix environment to bring new biologics molecules into development.
The assay group leader will:
- Develop and implement scientific and functional assay strategy for the biologics Lead Optimization team
- Lead a team of scientists in the design, development and execution of assays for biotherapeutics lead optimization characterization and candidate selection
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Biologics Research department, across Janssen Biotherapeutics and with our partners in the therapeutic areas in a cross-functional team environment to drive an innovative biologics portfolio
- Work with upstream and downstream partners for efficient and seamless project phase transitions
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) scientific data, analysis and interpretations to contribute to lead candidate selection decisions
- Ensure flawless execution and compliance for the Lead Optimization assay team
- Ph.D. degree with at least 8 years of experience in biologics drug discovery or relevant field is required
- Expertise in protein therapeutics and functional characterization, assay design and development (ie: cell based bio-assays, biochemical assays, Fc effector function characterization) are required
- Previous people manager/leader experience is required
- Industry experience is preferred
- Experience in Immunology and/or Oncology is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.