Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is hiring an Assistant Scientist, to support Technical Transfer of consumer products in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Assistant Scientist will support a broad range of consumer products such as Adult Skin Care, Baby Skin Care, and Oral & Topical Health Care from a manufacturability and formulation standpoint. The Assistant Scientist will collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Research and Development (R&D) to ensure successful new product launches.
The scope of work includes:
- Process development/process scale-up proposals; recommend critical process parameters at the lab, pilot, and full manufacturing scales.
- Product/process specification development and Process validation.
- Executes the technical aspects of projects, interacts with cross-functional teams to implement timely new product introductions.
- Work under limited supervision to drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoot product issues under aggressive and sometimes compressed timelines.
- A Bachelor's degree by July 2017 and a minimum of 1 year of professional experience is required.
- A degree in a Chemical Engineering, Industrial Pharmacy, or other science or engineering discipline is preferred.
- Some experience with consumer products, such as skin care, skin cleansers, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or deodorant products is highly preferred.
- A technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids and an understanding of material chemistry is preferred.
- Process development/process scale-up experience is preferred.
- Experience working with external manufacturing and technical project management is preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment while being an individual contributor is required.
- Familiarity with cGMP and other regulatory requirements is preferred.
- MS Office (Word and Excel) proficiency, excellent oral and written communication skills and solid presentation skills are required.
This position is based Skillman, NJ, and will require up to 30% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.