This position will monitor and manage multiple manufacturing processes in order to ensure a consistent finished product. This position will play a key role in the ongoing continual improvement of the plant's Quality and Food Management System. Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
Education & Related Work Experience:
- Develop, design and train operatives in Plant SOP's.
- Evaluate chemical analyses in order to determine the composition of samples
- Ensure the correct application of laboratory methods and standards to perform visual, physical, chemical, microbiological assessment
- Develop quality standards, specifications or requirements in order to ensure quality and integrity of products
- Monitor control points in the manufacturing process to assure that process is in control and capable, and troubleshoot issue if necessary
- Manage commercialization processes to ensure production capability.
- Identify through the validation process and through in process monitoring and trending, opportunities for process/productivity improvement
- Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments in order to deliver new products; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety
- Perform data audit in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes
- Provide technical support for contingency planning and supply point shifts.
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
- Support the Company programs and culture within the Company
- Safeguard and protect all Company information and property
- Assist in the design, development, roll out and championing of the Quality System
Education B.S. in chemistry or biology preferred
Related Work Experience: 3-5 years' experience in a high volume manufacturing/pharma environment; Product Development or Regulatory support function of a food related business Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Material Science: Knowledge of fundamental material properties and their impact on existing and new applications. Includes the ability to identify new materials and application opportunities, to identify limitations in existing materials and to organize and/or develop new technologies to address limitations
Basic Flavor Chemistry: General knowledge of the organic chemistry of essential oils and other flavor components that are relevant to Company products.
Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure successful completion.
Building Technical Relationships: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
Internet: Knowledge of Internet search techniques used to find required information and monitor sites of interest to the department.
Laboratory Practices: Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices.
Proprietary Composition Information: Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.