Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Associate Scientist, to be located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will perform process development of the cell culture or purification process steps within the API-Large Molecule group in Malvern, PA. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale.
This will include:
Laboratory and occasional pilot-scale scale work with bioreactors, chromatography systems and filtration systems
Design and execute development studies to identify and determine appropriate conditions and ranges of (critical) process parameters for chromatographic purification & separation and several types of filtration.
Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners.
Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 4 years of relevant experience OR a MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with least 3 years of relevant experience is required
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with either upstream process development (mammalian cell culture, bioreactors, bioreactor process development, and bioreactor data analysis) OR downstream process/purification development (chromatography, filtration) of protein therapeutics (such as antibodies) is required
- Exposure to analytical method development for in-process methods is preferred
- The candidate must be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects with some supervision
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of (electronic) notebooks, technical reports and protocols is required
- Data reporting, ability to present findings to management, and experience with team-based collaborations is a must
- Occasional weekend work is required as well as occasional work at our second PA facility in Springhouse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.