Alios BioPharma, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Bioanalytical Chemistry position in the area of Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) supporting the Oligonucleotide Center of Excellence located in South San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time position at the scientist level.
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including: oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
We are seeking an energetic, well organized, team-orientated individual, with experience in a wide range of oligonucleotide chemistries as it pertains to sample preparation from biological matrices (i.e. wet chemistry), who can work efficiently with limited oversight, and is able to adapt to the dynamic needs of the group.
As an Associate Bioanalytical Scientist you will:Qualifications
• Support drug discovery and early development efforts as a member of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group working closely with oligonucleotide discovery team members, and occasionally external contract research organizations.
• Provide support to innovative design and execution of multi-disciplined analytical experiments, with emphasis on developing advanced mass spectrometric and HPLC assays to characterize and quantify oligonucleotides in complex biological samples.
• Conduct the sample preparation and qualitative/quantitative analysis of oligonucleotides from in vitro and in vivo studies using various biological matrices (i.e. liver microsomes, hepatocytes, blood/plasma, and tissues).
• Assist in the interpretation of raw data, organization of results, generating reports, and communicating findings at project meetings.
• Maintain accurate records of all bioanalytical data and keep current the in-house database with all processed bioanalytical data/results.
• A Bachelor (B.S./BA) with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in industry and/or as a post baccalaureate researcher is required.
• Degree in Chemistry or a related field such as Biochemistry, Biology, or Pharmaceutical Sciences, with training in Bioanalytical techniques is preferred.
• Proven hands-on research experience with a wide range of oligonucleotide chemistries and/or oligonucleotide conjugates is required.
• Working knowledge and functional experience with using modern LC/MS instrumentation (Thermo Fisher Orbitrap and Sciex Triple Quad preferred) in conjunction with various sample prep techniques (i.e. oligonucleotide extraction, protein precipitation, SPE, chemical derivatization) are required.
• MSn spectral/data analysis and interpretation skills are preferred.
• Diverse background in chromatographic separation techniques and conditions (e.g, RP, SEC, IEX, non-denaturing/denaturing) with oligonucleotides is required.
• Working knowledge of R studio (or equivalent program) is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communication skills with the ability to thrive in a goal driven team environment are preferred. Primary Location
United States-California-South San FranciscoOrganization
Alios BioPharma, Inc. (6224)Job Function