Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Applications are sought for a scientific opportunity in MRL Vaccine Bioprocess Research and Development.
- Under the direction of the group leader, individual will be responsible for upstream process development of vaccine candidates.
- The successful candidate will perform lab-scale process development/scale-up studies, develop robust, efficient, scalable cell culture processes for vaccine production, participate in the manufacture of cGMP clinical bulks, and transfer processes to clinical or commercial manufacturing facilities for vaccine candidates.
- Duties may include: lab scale fermentation, cell culture, and/or bioconjugation process development, in-process assay support, process scale-up and engineering, cGMP document preparation and modifications, maintaining/coordinating raw material, and equipment inventories, technology transfer to manufacturing, and functioning as a key member of a process development team.
- Individual is expected to function in a multi-disciplinary environment and to contribute subject matter expertise to various functional teams engaged in development of the vaccine candidate.
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to communicate results of his/her work in both verbal and written formats.
- In addition to the core responsibilities outlined above, the candidate will be expected to keep careful notes, comply with all required training, and maintain a focused attention on laboratory safety for himself and his team.
- Position requires employee to be willing to work with infectious agents and/or pathogens.
- Travel may be required to support technology transfer. Salaried position will require occasional off hour and weekend work.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a BS in engineering or biological sciences.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Must have ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Proven ability to work in hands-on laboratory setting.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Direct experience with cell culture/fermentation, upstream process development or expression system development for vaccines and/or biologics is strongly preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement