The Associate Scientist, Discovery Biology will be part of a team focused on early target identification and validation in the therapeutic area of gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. He/she will apply expertise in cell biology and physiology to generate key functional data to test therapeutic hypotheses. This position will work very closely within a matrix team responsible for conducting studies internally as well as in collaboration with external partners. The successful applicant will be an energetic team player, self-directed learner with a keen interest in focused, fast-paced research. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Plans and executes experiments characterizing target expression and cellular function in vitro using a wide variety of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Designs and conducts ex vivo functional tissue pharmacology experiments
- Conducts studies on disease mechanisms and mechanisms of drug action in vitro and provides in vitro proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets
- Manages relationships and projects with contract research organizations.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of data; write study reports and present data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization
- Works exceptionally well with others in a team that operates as a unit on large projects
- MS in Molecular Biology or related field and at least 8 years related laboratory research experience OR,
- BS in Molecular Biology or a related field with at least 10 years related laboratory research experience
- Ability to plan and execute experiments, critically evaluate and interpret data, and troubleshoot
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture and engineering cell lines
- Experience in culturing primary cells and assessing cell function by applying a range of in vitro techniques
- Knowledge and experience with tissue processing and imaging techniques such as confocal microscopy
- Experience with animal handling, drug administration, knowledge of mouse anatomy and tissue dissection
- Experience with immunoprecipitation, RT-qPCR, and RNA handling and preparation for microarray preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, dynamic and changing environment
- Skilled in statistical analysis and graphing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to other research sites, perhaps for multiple days at a time, international travel may be required.
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.