Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist will perform routine and molecular histology within the molecular pathology laboratory of the Oncology Translational Research department to support development of companion diagnostics. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Independently conduct routine duties of a histotechnologist, including specimen accessioning, specimen processing, paraffin block sectioning and staining, particularly immunohistochemistry
- Optimize development of novel IHC and FISH assays in support of compound development programs
- Present unsolicited ideas to team leaders/supervisors
- Perform analytic validation of optimized histology assays
- Independently generate data in compliance with appropriate regulations, policies and SOPs
- Contribute pathology results in the form of written and oral reports - Maintain timely and accurate electronic notebook
- Collaborate effectively with Biobank to ensure proper management of samples used by the molecular pathology lab
- Participate in maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- B.S./B.A. degree with at least 2 years experience in histotechnology is required
- Pharmaceutical or industry experience is preferred
- Oncology experience is preferred
- ASCP certification in histotechnology or certification eligible is required
- Experience in immunohistochemistry is preferred
- RNA ISH experience is required
- Automated IHC (Immunohistochemistry) systems experience is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function