MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Associate Scientist I or II
Main duties and responsibilities
The main duties for the ideal candidate are to help build the internal AAV and lentiviral gene therapy approaches to support MedImmune's pipeline projects. This candidate will be responsible for testing the tissue specificity, transduction efficiency, sustainability, safety and manufacturability. You will plan and execute experiments on the bench. In addition, you will be working in a multidisciplinary matrix environment to design strategies towards safe viral vectors with desired properties.
• MA degree in Cell Biology or relevant scientific discipline with 3+ years of laboratory research experience
• Experience and knowledge with gene therapy, AAV and lentiviral vectors as evidenced by publications
• Prior experience in optimizing viral vector tissue tropisms by promoter targeting
• Prior experience in animal studies
• Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
• Experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, protein biochemistry, immunoassays, flow cytometry, and quantitative PCR methods
• Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
• Experience in gene correction and genome editing using CRISPR
• Strong collaboration and team-working skills
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience in inducible gene expression systems
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca