If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.MedImmune
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Associate Scientist I or R&D Associate II
in Gaithersburg, MD,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.Job Description
MedImmune has an opening for a R&D Associate II / Associate Scientist I, Human T Cell Immunologist within the Chronic Infections Research Group in Gaithersburg, MD. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a team whose goal is to design and develop novel immunotherapies for chronic viral infections. The position will be responsible for conducting novel cell-based assays for the evaluation of biologics that modulate T cell function. Activities will include defining mechanism-of-action using cellular, genetic, molecular, and biochemical techniques. The position will also play a role in discovery research to identify and characterize novel targets. The candidate will need to work effectively as part of a team and independently within their role.Position Requirements
- The successful candidate will have general knowledge of the field of Human T Cell Immunology.
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with the phenotypic and functional assessment of human T cells.
- Extensive experience with multi-color flow cytometry is required.
- Experience with tissue culture and working with infectious disease samples.
- Experience performing standard laboratory procedures for the study of cellular immune responses (e.g. ELISpot, Luminex, ELISA, etc.) and the isolation of human lymphocytes from peripheral blood.
- Ability to prepare precise protocols, quantitative analyses, technical reports, and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability prioritize based on defined goals and work both independently and as part of a team.
- The candidate should be able to define critical scientific questions/hypothesis and address them through the design and execution of controlled experimentation.
- Experience with biochemical and/or molecular biology techniques (e.g. Western Blot, cloning, qPCR, etc.)
- Experience developing pharmaceuticals that target T cell function and/or therapeutic vaccines for oncology or chronic infections.
- Experience with NHP T cell immunology
B.S. or MS in Immunology, Cell Biology, Virology or related field.
Relevant work experience:
Research Associate II - B.S. 2-5 years, MS 0-2 years
Associate Scientist I - B.S. 5-8 years, MS 2-5 yearsNext Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.