is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent. Responsibilities
As an Associate Scientist I or II - Physicochemical Testing
in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
The candidate will characterize particles in different sizes such as visible, sub-visible and submicron ranges. The candidate will take care of routine assays and project-specific method qualifications, if needed. The candidate will be responsible for particle characterization utilizing visual appearance (color, clarity and particles), instrumental color, clarity, HIAC, MFI, FlowCAM and NanoSight etc. The candidate must have experience with method development and thorough understanding of variety of technologies for protein characterization. Good organization, communication, collaboration, comprehension and presentation skills are needed. Additional responsibilities will include:
Position Requirements Associate Scientist I
- Support routine analytical testing
- Optimize/troubleshoot analytical methods
- Develop/Qualify analytical methods
- Generate, revise, review SOPs, as well as technique protocols
- Assist other team members to be a team player and deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences or similar, with 5-8 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in biological sciences or similar, with 2-5 years of relevant experience Associate Scientist II -
Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences or similar, with 8-10 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in biological sciences or similar, with 5-8 years of relevant experience
Experience : 3+
- The candidate must have experience working with monoclonal antibody, developing methods, and thorough understanding of variety of technologies for protein characterization.
- The candidate must have experience in appearance and particle area.
- The candidate must have experience writing SOP and technique reports
- The candidate must have ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results in an independent manner.
- The candidate must have excellent oral communication skills, good time management and outstanding multi-tasking abilities, and a fast-paced team-centered setting.
years of laboratory experience in an industry environment is preferred Special Skills/Abilities :
Effective communication and interpersonal skills are desirable. Previous cGMP and/or GLP experience is preferred. Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.