is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned scientists to find the targets which are fundamental derivers of human disease. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on making a difference in people's lives every day.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a passion for science to support our research in lung regeneration and repair within the Respiratory, Inflammation & Autoimmunity research department at MedImmune. Our team is interested in understanding pathways of lung regeneration and how they relate to respiratory diseases such as COPD, Asthma and IPF for the discovery of new therapies. This position is a hands-on, laboratory based position. The successful candidate is expected to work collaboratively with other scientists to develop and optimize complex biological assays using primary cells and stem cells. Therefore experience in stern cell biology and knowledge of stem cell markers combined with a proven record in stem cell culture techniques is essential. Position Responsibilities:
The candidate will help us achieve our research goals by performing the principal duty of pluripotent stem cell culture including maintenance, expansion, differentiation and functional manipulation of iPSCs. Other duties include:
Position Qualifications Include:
- Ex vivo analyses using molecular techniques (including isolation of genomic DNA and total RNA, analysis of RNA expression by quantitative RT-PCR).
- Analysis of protein expression using biochemical methods (western blotting, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry).
- Ex vivo histological analyses.
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy and high-content imaging with possible quantitation.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory, prepare chemical solutions and culture media, maintain general lab cleanliness and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Function efficiently as an individual and cooperatively with a team of research scientists and postdoctoral fellows.
- Strong organizational and experimental planning skills.
- Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping laboratory notebooks and preparation of data for publication.
- B.S. /M.S in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or other related Biological Sciences with a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in industry or academia.
- Basic knowledge of lung biology, physiology and disease.
- Experience in isolation and culture of primary cell populations.
- Expertise with lung epithelial cells or pluripotent stem cell culture methods.
- Experience with the operations of high throughput cell culture systems is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Experience with bioreactor culture system.
- Experience in proteomics and transcriptomics.
- Experience in 3D culture models, single cell analysis.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.