Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will join the department research efforts in the discovery and development of both small molecule therapeutics and biologics for the treatment of cancer. S/he will be part of a team driving forward research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery. Responsibilities include the design, execution and interpretation of studies for the validation and characterization of new targets and therapeutic agents. The scientist will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology department and antibody development group, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
- B.A./B.S. with at least 4 years research experience OR a M.S. with at least 3 years research experience OR a PhD with relevant research experience is required
- Strong cell biology and assay development skills are required.
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Previous experience screening and characterizing antibody or other biologic molecule leads or small molecule leads is required
- Familiarity with graphing software such as Graph Pad, Sigma Plot and able to analyze data, apply curve fits and determine IC50’s or EC50’s of leads is required
- A good background in cancer biology is preferred
Experience setting up cell biology assays - flow cytometry, western blotting, cell culture, transfection and cloning of stable cell lines are required; ELISAs, cell proliferation, Mesoscale, cellular cytotoxicity, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, ADCC, CDC are preferred
- Previous experience with immune cell isolation and activity assays is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.