Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge biologics and small molecules for the treatment of hematologic malignancies. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to preclinical candidate) on projects related to tumor immunology. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Responsibilities include design and execution of experiments and critical analysis of data. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting and be sensitive to timelines. Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate the ability to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute on various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions / some experience working with in vivo models is a plus (direct handling not required for this position).
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication (excellent presentation skills)
- BS with at least 4 years of experience or a MS with at least 3 years of experienc is required
- Experience in the cancer field and/or immunology field is required
- Ability to perform tissue culture is required
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Experience in a pharmacology environment is preferred
- Experience in drug discovery is preferred (ie: large or small molecules, PK/PD, understanding of drug properties, assay / model development, drug testing, etc)
- Cell/molecular biology skills are required (ie: transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR, immunofluorescence, FACS and ELISA)
- Experience working with immune assays are preferred (ie: ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization)
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function