San Diego, CA
JOB TITLE: Associate Scientist II R&D - 7432722
SCHEDULE: M-F 8am-5pm
LOCATION: Carlsbad, CA
Duration: 1+ year (Potential Temp to Hire)
Working with a multidisciplinary technology team for the development of next generation sequencing assays that will be used in clinical laboratories.
- Responsibilities will include sample preparation, instrument operation and data analysis.
Eligible candidates will contribute to:
- Next generation sequencing using the Ion Torrent Technology
- Development of diagnostic assays that comply with various regulatory standards
- Product verification and validation
BS Degree plus 1+ years of industry/academic experience
A background in molecular biology, biotechnology or biochemistry is required.
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods such as bioAnalyzer, Nanodrop and Qubit)
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Ability to follow molecular biology protocols and strictly adhere to all steps
- Be comfortable working in a large and busy laboratory with many other team members
PREFERRED (Not Required):
- Work experience in a clinical laboratory or core laboratory facility
- Experience with design control documentation
- Broad knowledge of sequencing and molecular amplification methods
A little about us:
For nearly 70 years, Manpower’s mission is to provide job seekers with meaningful career opportunities.