If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.MedImmune
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Associate Scientist II / Scientist I - Protein Formulation in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The scientist will work in a state-of-the-art laboratory that is focused on development of formulations and fill finish process for therapeutic proteins and provide support to research, clinical and manufacturing teams in moving drugs from candidate selection to commercialization. The scientist will work on protein formulation, characterization and stability testing, in addition the candidate will lead various activities in evaluating and advancing the science in this field. Make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, interpret experimental results, present scientific data to both internal audiences within the company and external scientific community.Essential Requirements
Education : M.S. or PhD. in Chemical/biochemical engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
Experience : Associate Scientist II (BS 8-10 years or MS 5-8 years) or Scientist I (MS 8-10 years or PhD 0-3 years) in biopharmaceutical Drug Product development
- Experience and knowledge in current approaches for formulation development, biophysical characterization of proteins, protein stability, and analytical method development is required.
- Experience or knowledge in lyophilization process development and combination products is a plus. Candidate should have working knowledge in Design of Experiments and statistical principles. Experience in fill finish process technology, aseptic drug product manufacturing process development, and cGMP knowledge is advantageous.
- Familiarity with US and EU regulatory requirements for biologic Drug Product development is a plus.
- We are looking for a science minded, highly motivated self-starter with drive to succeed, with good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary fast paced environment are also an integral part of this position.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor, and as a team member within team and matrix environments.
Job Complexity: Requires thorough understanding of protein characterization and formulation principles.
Supervision: Should work under minimum supervision initially, and decrease over time depending on the individual's skills and abilities.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.