Associate Shopper Marketing Manager
The Associate Shopper Marketing (SM) Manager’s primary responsibilities include the following:
• Develop and execute Shopper Marketing programs, in tandem with customer and the cross-functional team, that extend brand strategy and activation platforms while delivering on customer specific insights to deliver profitable volume growth & equity of Unilever brands.
• Proactively analyze and measure Shopper Marketing programs business results, marketing KPIs, return on investments, industry insights, etc. Additionally identify business building opportunities to set strategy and drive efficient and effective programming.
• Provide strategy and thought leadership around digital activation and consumer engagement. Elevate Shopper Marketing plans by working closely with the Target merchant and Target marketing teams to drive meaningful ways to reach the Target guest.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Program Development: Develop and execute world-class integrated Shopper Marketing Plans at Target for Unilever brands. These events should deliver on the brand Jobs-to-be-Done, drive category growth, promote cross-category conversion & be profitable for both Unilever & Target.
Responsible for a select number of SM field based programs from start to finish including annual planning, writing agency briefs, customer presentations, overall agency guidance, creative reviews and program evaluation.
• Collaboration: Develop strong relationships with key marketing contacts at customers as well as Unilever Customer Development Teams to deliver against brand/portfolio objectives.
• Project Management: Maintain timely flow of reports, program evaluations, proposals and project estimates. Provide point-of-view on appropriate spending against retailer initiated marketing initiatives.
Evaluate key Shopper Marketing programs 90 days post program completion. These findings/recommendations should be a comprehensive view of the program performance, ROI, sales results and include relevant market information. These program recaps will be shared with Shopper Marketing, Customer Development, Brand Building and our Retail partners.
• Agency Management: Manage agency partners ensuring that they are delivering on requirements outlined in briefs and effectively delivering on all account management responsibilities (i.e. program & financial management).
• Digital Focus: Work closely with the Digital teams to develop a customized strategy with customers around this space. This includes but is not limited to a scale strategy, tactical activation and sharing timely results of program implementation.
• Metrics and Analytics: Drive SM analytical work within the team for Digital and core execution
1) Building consumer centric programs that leverage UL Brand equity AND uniquely fit the objectives of the retailer. High stakeholder count across multiple disciplines requires the individual be a strong communicator and well grounded in insights in order to sell internally and externally. Managing to a set of outlined principles and staying aligned with the Customer Development team is a key requirement.
2) The breadth of portfolio and volume of Shopper Marketing activity requires strong communication skills, organizational expertise, and attention to detail to ensuring success and developing strong collaborative relationships.
Shopper Marketing plan responsibility to support the Target businesses, inclusive of developing plans that are reflective of in-store, out-of-store and digital programming.
Interaction and relationship building will take place with Brand Building (approximately 100 people), Customer Development (approximately 25 people), Shopper Insights (2 people), Agency (7 people) and retailer merchandising and marketing teams.
Undergraduate / Bachelor's degree required
Undergraduate degree in Marketing preferred
MBA or equivalent advanced degree a plus
Minimum 2-3 years experience in development of brand business objectives and marketing strategies required
Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required.
Working knowledge of syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, Spectra) preferred
Working knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing required
Previous experience working with Target in a professional capacity a plus
Understanding of promotional tactics, process flow, execution and fulfillment processes required
Experience in digital marketing and understanding of consumer behavior in this space
Creative thinking to approach things differently than historical plan
Strong communication and influencing skills
Highly organized, able to multi task and communicate with numerous touch points.
Lead role in identifying and presenting new opportunities to Customer Development, Marketing and our customers.
Ability to fully collaborate with Shopper Marketing team, with Customer Development and with Retailer; Drive to achieve mutual objectives as one collective team
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.