Well met, student engineers! Blizzard Entertainment's university relations team here, and before we turn this job description over to the Battle.net team to talk about the scope of the role, we'd like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our new grad program is focused on helping you - oh intrepid, graduating student - begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard's not an easy place to get into, that's true, but we believe we're a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we're proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to Battle.net.
Ever wonder how a company like Blizzard sells so many virtual, digital items? Ever wonder how e-commerce systems can support so many customers buying things at the same time, across the entire globe concurrently? Well... Blizzard is looking for a newly minted software engineer who's willing to learn and grow into a powerhouse within the Battle.net accounts and commerce group. You'll be an integral part of the team that orchestrates purchases at Blizzard of everything from our games themselves to the cosmetic items we sell within them, as well as much, much more. Intrigued? Apply if you think you've got what it takes to tackle some of the biggest, most interesting, and most challenging problems in the world facing massive global e-commerce platforms today.Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a US college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 - August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and software development
- Recent or soon to be Bachelor of Science graduate in Computer Science or related discipline
- Exceptional fundamentals in core computer science areas, such as algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Self-starter, who's anxious and raring to make a mark on the software industry
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using object-oriented concepts (any programming language, but we use Java)
- Basic understanding of modern software development processes, such as Agile
- Basic understanding of Web services, including RESTful, SOAP, etc.
- Basic understanding of Web platform technologies
- Basic understanding of relational database systems
- Basic understanding of globally distributed systems
- You excelled in your computer science classes or skipped them to work on programming side-projects all day
- You learn new things quickly and easily, and are easily able to adapt and make things your own
- Interest and passion for Web services and back-end systems, their complexities, and challenges
- Interest and passion for globally distributed high-scale systems
- You have a portfolio showcasing your personal and school programming projects
**Only submittals with cover letters will be consideredOn Blizzard Culture
Blizzard exists in a hyper-creative atmosphere, curated by talented professionals serious about getting the most out of themselves and our culture. Our philosophy on culture fit is pretty simple: we want people who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living, and are excited to come in every day to learn and contribute. Ours is a highly collaborative environment, and we're drawn to like-minded people who love knowledge-sharing and thrive in a team setting. Being part of a team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.