The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We're currently looking for an experienced and excited software engineer to join our ranks! Curious by nature and armed with exceptional analysis skills, we are seeking a developer to help build, maintain, debug, improve, and tackle a wide variety of unique challenges that come along with a live product! Excellent communication and a desire to contribute to many aspects of development are key to the success in this role.Eligibility Requirements
- Graduating between December 2017 - August 2018
- Authorized to work in the US
- Review, build and deploy our product to live and development environments.
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable.
- Help build and set up monitoring, analysis and production management software and solutions.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Look for opportunities to improve and document our reliability processes.
- Respond to, and resolve emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Cooperate with internal and external parties to resolve live issues and help determine and document root cause.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- Fluency in C / C , comfortable with reviewing code and using debugging tools.
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong.
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with Hybrid and public cloud APIs/tech.
- Familiar with an administrative language such as Python.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered.
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and principles.
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly.
- A passion for both video games, and technology.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!