Well met, student engineers! Blizzard's University Relations team here, and before we turn this job description over to the Overwatch team to talk about the scope of the role, we'd like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our New Grad Program is focused on helping you - oh intrepid, graduating student - begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard's not an easy place to get into, that's true, but we believe we're a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we're proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to the Overwatch team.
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest "Play of the Game" animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team has an opening for a graduate tools programmer. As a tools programmer on Overwatch, you will be working side by side with members of the team that created the custom game tools that are used to build Overwatch. We have a long list of exciting features just waiting for someone to work on them - maybe that someone is you! Do you want to enable artists to work faster, smarter, and better? Do you want to deliver features to designers that allow them to create interactive and compelling content easier? Do you want to empower our team to build the world and tell the stories of Overwatch? As tools programmers on Overwatch, we do all these things, and more. Come join us and interact with a welcoming and collaborative group of passionate programmers.Eligibility Requirements
- Graduating between December 2017 - August 2018
- Authorized to work in the US
- Design and implement new game development tools
- Work with other disciplines within the team (artists, designers, engineers, etc.) to improve our existing tools and processes
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Implement reusable custom user interface controls for use in other tools
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Passion for tools development and tool chains
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C/C or C#
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working with artists and designers
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Experience using WPF
- User interface design experience
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Familiarity with content creation workflows, processes, and tools.
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Mathematics or computer science degree
- C experience
- Experience using SQL databases
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.