Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Specialist, Technical Operations is responsible for providing technical support to the vaccine manufacturing area while actively supporting, participating in and embracing an empowered team culture. This position directly impacts Merck's largest and most complex vaccine manufacturing plant site and offers numerous technical and collaborative opportunities. The successful candidate will also be considered for a rotational opportunity within manufacturing operations to further develop his/her knowledge of the vaccine manufacturing business as well as help position them for future career growth. Future rotational opportunities may include off-shift/off-schedule support.
- Contributes to the performance and results of a vaccine manufacturing department.
- Provides technical guidance.
- Applies technical skills to align activities with department objectives.
- Works as a team member on manufacturing investigations, validation activities and/or process improvement projects.
- Has ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause.
- Assures consistent application of standardized work, engineering and process tools, and procedures.
- Assists with and may lead experimental protocols as needed using the Technical Operations lab facilities and/or production equipment at full scale.
- Authors and updates technical and manufacturing documents necessary for investigations, process design/definition, engineering studies, process demonstrations, change control and validation.
- May participate in regulatory inspection activities for the facility.
- Effectively collaborates with peers on site and above site as required.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Sciences
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Sciences.
- Communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience in biologics, vaccine or bulk sterile manufacturing facilities.
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Capabilities for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, including leading small projects.
- Frequently interacts with employees within own and from other departments.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement