Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The basic function of this position is to design and implement varied technical projects requiring knowledge of packaging including temperature control packaging technology and distribution testing. Work requires full application of sound scientific principles, theories, concepts and techniques. The candidate is expected to collect and interpret information and conceive, develop and implement solutions to cold chain and distribution related projects. Routine guidance and direction is employed by the supervisor to review soundness of technical judgment and the status/schedule of the effort.
The candidate is responsible by assignment for the:
- Development, design, construction, qualification and/or initial operation of tertiary packaging components and processes, including environmental (temperature, shock, etc.) monitors, using new or existing technologies for new and commercial human health products.
- Analysis of complex problems through critical analytical thinking and the design/execution of laboratory experiments to design/develop appropriate temperature control and distribution solutions.
- Assist cross functional teams evaluating processes, procedures, and shipping system performance for resolving excursion and/or damage issues and implementing corrective actions
- Development of sound scientific justification for planned material and process changes related to secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Development working relationship with global Merck, external manufacturing and third part distribution centers.
- Preparation, maintenance, and review of documentation including testing protocols, testing reports, technical memos and supplier assessments.
- Required: Bachelor degree in Packaging, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience and knowledge of the Pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in packaging design and/or temperature control technologies.
- Project leadership/ management and complex problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement