The staff attorney will be part of a team responsible for providing top quality representation to Hartford insureds in matters relating to workers' compensation. The attorney will be accountable for performing litigation activities on assigned matters including but not limited to appearances before the California Workers' Compensation Boards in Oxnard, Van Nuys, Marina Del Rey and Los Angeles. The attorney will handle a caseload pertaining to liens and handle all aspects of the lien litigation. The attorney will also assist more senior attorneys with appearances and handle case-in-chief files on a limited basis.
An understanding of the tripartite relationship and a commitment to providing a high level of customer service and detailed reporting to claim center personnel is critical to succeeding in this role. Additionally, candidate must have superior
organization skills and negotiation skills, the ability to think strategically and a strong desire to be challenged in all aspects of their responsibilities. Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Qualified candidates will have the following requirements:
- JD from accredited law school.
- License to practice in the state of California.
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- 0-3 years of legal experience.
- Strong negotiation skills preferred.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The location of this remote position is flexible within the Los Angeles County and surrounding counties.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **