The Associate Technical Architect will join a highly visible and talented Retail Technology team that supports Payments System. He will be a member of the highly collaborative and motivated application delivery team and will be responsible for designing and executing technology solutions that meet our goals. This role will be required to apply knowledge and experience to understand business and technology challenges and opportunities, while driving new and innovative approaches to resolving them using a combination of custom developed applications and 3rd party packages. Job Responsibilities
- Participates in the creation of design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization.
- Supports the decision-making processes related to the selection of IT architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical resource to software development engineering.
- Participates in implementing and improving core software infrastructure.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Participates in performing systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
#LI-MM2 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 6 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 2 years of experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts, emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working with Java and C++ to creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the Payments System. Experience with Payment Systems is a plus not a must.
- Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the software solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy.
- Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams.
- Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Receives work in short- and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. .
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Experience in domain-specific Architecture.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.